Global Riser Analysis
Global riser analysis is performed to determine the loading on flexible risers, top tensioned risers and subsea equipment.
The riser loading can be external or internal and caused by:
- Environmental Wave Loading
- Environmental Current Loading
- Vessel Motion in response to Environmental Loading
- Applied Axial Tension
- Internal Pressure from Wellbore or Test
- Hydrostatic Pressure from External Seawater and Mud Contents
Analysis is carried out to verify the system under extreme and accidental loading and to determine the limits during installation and operation. Furthermore, the accumulative fatigue damage is calculated on all equipment to ensure adequate service life of the riser and to provide a history of damage for the overall life of the well.
AS Mosley provides design optimisation to maximise operating limits and fatigue life of deepwater and shallow water riser systems. We have experience with low-pressure and high-pressure risers with operations performed from anchored or dynamically positioned vessels as well as fixed structures.
We perform Global Riser Analysis for steel top tensioned risers using OrcaFlex and Flexcom. Our expertise in using this software stems from over 100 combined years of experience. Based in Aberdeen, we deliver Global Riser Analysis across the globe.
Some of the key Riser analysis projects AS Mosley has worked on are listed below:
- BP Quad 204 Development, Marine riser, Workover Riser and Landing String analysis
- Shell Prelude, Landing String and Marine Riser analysis
- Helix Well Enhancer, design of the first intervention riser to be deployed from a lightweight intervention vessel
- BP Magnus D5 and D6 wells, the first tethered BOP operation in the north sea.
For more information please contact us directly.