Floating Offshore Wind Turbines
Structural Integrity Assessments
AS Mosley offers structural integrity analysis of Floating Wind Turbine (FOWT) systems during the design stage. Floating offshore wind turbines are subject to complex static and dynamic loading. Our fully coupled time domain models are able to capture the complex loads, helping energy companies meet the requirements of IEC 61400-3-2.
Fig 1 – Floating Wind Simulation Model – Mooring Line Stresses
Our simulation models can provide energy companies with valuable insight at the design stage with outputs such as:
- Resonant frequencies of the support structure at normal operating and extreme conditions
- Amplitude of floating substructure surge, sway, heave, roll, pitch and yaw
- Fatigue loading on mooring lines, umbilical, tower structure
- Extreme loads (Axial, Bending, Shear) on mooring lines, umbilical, tower structure
- Inclinations of floating wind turbine system
- Effect of marine growth on system response
- Effect of mooring line anchor slippage on system response
AS Mosley has over 22 years of experience in offshore simulation, ensuring that the loading and system response is fully understood. The detailed analysis performed by our engineers provides offshore energy providers with a prediction of the extreme loads and fatigue damage expected for the life of the floating turbine.
For more information on Floating Wind Turbine analysis, contact us directly.